Tuesday, November 22, 2005

 

Two Days and Counting

Yep, my first Thanksgiving dinner in which I have to cook! It's two days away and surprisingly I'm looking forward to it. There will be 10 of us, all the fixins, and a 20 pound turkey, do the math people that is 2 pounds of turkey per person! Thankfully, we don't have any vegitarians coming to dinner. Along with my bird recipe I'm also going to hunt down some turkey leftover meals for the next month!

Along with getting the food ready for Thursday we're also cleaning the house. We've lived there over a year and I don't think either of us knew that we had so much stuff. I'm walking around with a very large garbage bag and if I haven't touched it in a year I'm tossin it. If I didn't need it then what's gonna change in the near future that I will need it now. hmmm nothin'.

My husband was a little skeptical about me doing Thanksgiving in our small kitchen. I get frustrated trying to cook for two, what makes me think cooking for 20 will be any easier? So I've requested Friday off of work to recouperate from the stress that this will cause. Doesn't stress help you lose weight? Excellent, I can have seconds and stress off the food while I go along.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?