Monday, November 28, 2005

 

Bax has Gas

Yep, the dog has his first bout of gas and boy does it a) STINKS and b) those sucker sneek up on you! We were sitting in the family room watching television when all of a sudden, whoosh a Bax Bomb! After confirming that it was neither myself or my husband we concluded that it had to be the dog. How does this happen? The only thing different in his diet would be the potato peels that he convienently picked up for me on Thursday and the new dog treats I made him...I really think it's the tators. I have since learned that raw tators are NOT good for dogs and this must be his way of punishing me for letting him be my personalized dog vacuum.

Aside from the dog farts (which continued into the night) the Thanksgiving weekend went great. The meal (my 2nd turkey in 31 years) went over fantasticly, my mistake lead to my fortune. Turns out that the legs of the turkey should be pointing up and not down when you cook it, did you know that? Well since I intended to cook it upside down in the first place but thought otherwise while rubbing it with butter, salt and pepper, I flipped it only to find out later when my parents came by that I had it wrong the whole time. Ah well it lead to a very moist turkey breast so I was the hero, yeah me, SUCCESS! Following dinner I spent the night taking money from my relatives during our poker game. Gotta love family!

Friday consisted of manic cookie baking, yep 7 different recipes of sorts and a TON of cookies later, I was exhausted, as were the other women in my family who helped. You would think that the exhaustion would lead us to our beds but nope, it lead us to the "not so great" movie theatre to see the fourth installment of the Harry Potter movies. I highly recommend this film, the screenwritter was able to fit a 400+ book into a 3 hour movie. Brilliant! It was way better then the third one and all of it's far away shots and scenery. Mad Eye Moody was by far my favorite part, had me laughing outloud.

The movie experience was not all it's cracked up to be and it just rehashed the reason why my husband and I do not like movie theatres, the people. The theatre was packed to the gills and we just happened to be sitting in front of the worlds loudest commentator. There weren't enough shhs or stares in the world that could stop this pint size menece, did I mention he was like 10! Um hello there's a reason it was PG-13 so that little twerps like that can't get in. It finally took a very loud shhh and a dirty look to get him to shut his trap. Our next movie venture will be to see RENT, my all time favorite broadway production. Let's just hope that little kid isn't there telling me all about how Mimi loves Roger but they both have baggage so they have to part ways and oh they both have AIDS.

Saturday was spent on the couch doing absolutly nothing which includes not getting out of our PJs. Afterall why would one want to go shopping in a mall during the Thanksgiving weekend when they could sit around and catch up on their tivo? Crazyness!

Sunday was yard day, that little bug that so joyfully shows up in my ass showed itself again on Sunday. Up and at em I'm ready to rake leaves. clean the yard, get my bulbs in and put up the Christmas lights but alas I'm stopped with "it rained last night". Bummer, so I thought heck with it, it's only a little wet, we can get the yard done. 4 hours and soaking wet later the yard was void of leaves and the bulbs were in. The Christmas lights will have to wait.

I hope everyone elses weekend was as good as ours. Now what do I do with all the leftovers! EEK!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?